Re: why>?

aaron.kempf@xxxxxxxxx wrote...
Excel isn't WISYWIG. IT IS SPAGHETTI CODE.

So you don't know what WYSIWYG either? [And you can't even spell it.]

If Excel had a WISYWIG **MODE**-- where I could push the RESULTS of
formulas and store that as the real value? Something where it
automatically copied and 'paste special: values'

What a useless feature? What benefit do you believe this would provide?

Excel just doesn't support the duality of values vs. calculations well
enough.. It would be a great compliment to say that Excel is WISYWIG.

What exactly is your point here? What duality? You seem to have no clue
what functional programming languages are, nor what the advantages of
retaining formulas (the spreadsheet approash) are vs APL or Lisp
approaches (functions/statements generate arrays/lists with no 'audit
trail' unless sessions are logged).

and ANYBODY that types a single formula into Excel? They're an Excel
Developer.

And anyone that uses a calculator is a developer? And anyone who runs a
query like

SELECT 1458 * 2362.59 + 11084;

in any database is a developer?

Are you even unaware of the need to perform ad hoc calculations?

As it is you idiots don't have any standardized education.
You kids never RE-USE data or calculations.

You're unable to REuse spreadsheet data or formulas because you're not
even able to do it right the first time. Me, I do both most of the
time. The difference is that I know what I'm doing with spreadsheets,
and you're clueless.

multiple people can't even work on the same workbook at the same
time!!!

So, can multiple developers edit the same query or report layout at the
same time?

  • Re: why>?
    ... out from any spreadsheet in the world without using Excel automation. ... And anyone that uses a calculator is a developer? ... Are you even unaware of the need to perform ad hoc calculations? ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Lake water level modelling
    ... Its basically simple water balance calculations. ... If it doesn't, you either miss some of the inputs, some of the outputs or miscalculate your change in storage, there is NO OTHER MAGIC. ... simple spreadsheet model. ... the most stupid thing is that counting such parameters like ...
    (sci.geo.hydrology)
  • Re: Joining threads; why?
    ... fashion, but why not create three threads: one to attach to SQL, one to open ... the spreadsheet, and one to access the web site. ... calculations, still a background operation, requires all three datasets. ... you join threads and do not proceed until all three have delivered data. ...
  • Re: What are the benefits of using VB for excel formulas?
    ... I accept that if you import a spreadsheet into Access (because it has got ... calculations speed in VB except if you can get to the same result with fewer ... For information on large Excel workbooks and optimising calculation speed I ... The problem with SQL-type database calculations is that it is very hard work ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Questions For Dan Murphy
    ... >> and paper type. ... > For parametric programs I use a spreadsheet. ... > because you can actually test your parameter calculations out). ... SwissPro uses Excel for it's math engine and to store data tables. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)