intersection operator

I'm trying to understand the intersection operator in Excel. Can someone
tell me if the following is true. The intersection operator (the space
character) finds the intersection of two sets of cells not values. For
example, in the example below one cannot find the intersection of A1:A3 and
B1:B2 because the cells don't intersection even though the values do.

A B
1 1
2 2
3

=SUM(A1:A3 B1:B2) equals #NULL!

  • Re: Intersection Referene Operator
    ... The first cell of the next row starts with the balance of the row above. ... There are many more situations where the intersection operator is useful. ... Microsoft MVP - Excel ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: intersection operator
    ... Indeed it is the intersection of ranges. ... > I'm trying to understand the intersection operator in Excel. ... > and B1:B2 because the cells don't intersection even though the values do. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: how to find value on the cross of row and column
    ... value in this table on the intersection of row and column. ... If you have "legal" name values, you can use the Intersection Operator ... Translated into legal Excel names, the formula might really look like: ... Note the underscore prior to the C. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: how to find value on the cross of row and column
    ... value in this table on the intersection of row and column. ... If you have "legal" name values, you can use the Intersection Operator ... Translated into legal Excel names, the formula might really look like: ... Note the underscore prior to the C. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: intersection operator
    ... Is there a way of finding the intersection of values not ranges? ... >> I'm trying to understand the intersection operator in Excel. ... >> and B1:B2 because the cells don't intersection even though the values do. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)