Re: Filter - Excel 2003

You have 3 columns you want to extract data from. How many rows of data need
to be searched and approximately how many rows of results do you expect to
be extracted?

The formula to do this isn't that complicated but it is calculation
intensive on large amounts of data. If you have 1000's of rows of data using
a formula may not be the best way to go.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Wercs" <dataserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

I understand about the filter not being a formula.

Just how complicated would the formula approach be?
As the data changes quite regularly, this would be the preferred method,
if at all possible.

Regards,
--
Wercs.

"Shane Devenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:E2D415FD-5C31-48F0-B896-B0E7CA6CE76F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

the Advanced Filter command is not a formula, so the second sheet will
not
update automatically. You can rerun the filter command when the data
changes
or you can record a macro that reruns the command for you.

If you need it to have a formula approach, its going to be fairly
complicated, so hopefully you can live with the above solution.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Wercs" wrote:

Just a point:

When data in sheet 1 changes from In to Out (or vice versa), how can the
filtered results on sheet 2 be similarly updated automatically?

Rgs.

"Ashish Mathur" <mathurashish@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

Suppose the heading of columns 1,2 and 4 on sheet 1 are A,B and C.
Please
perform the following steps

1. Assign a column heading to all the columns in sheet 1, if not
already
done so. Say the heading are A-M
2. Now type A in a cell below the data, say A25
3. In cell A26, type Out
4. In sheet 2, type A,B and D in B3,C3 and D3.
5. Now click on cell B4 on sheet 2 and go to Data > Filter > Advance
Filter;
6. Select the radio button for "Copy to another location";
7. In the list box, please select the range on sheet 1 (Please select
the
header row as well);
8. In the Criteria box, select the range A25:A26 of sheet 1;
9. In the copy to box, select B3:D100 of sheet 2;
10. Click on OK

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Wercs" <dataserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I wish to filter results from one sheet onto a second sheet.
I have a data table containing 13 columns, but only columns 1,2 & 4
are
needed in the filtered results.
Column 1 contains either "In" or "Out". Col.2 a name, Col.4 a
location.

I wish to place on sheet 2 all records shown as "Out".

I've tried the VLOOKUP but guess I'm not getting the right
parameters.

Help appreciated.
Thanks.

PS - I'm working with Excel 2007, but the workbook has to be
compatible
with 2003.
--
Wercs

  • Re: Ron de Bruins merge cells to master sheet
    ... I can't seem to get the filter to work. ... Dim DeleteValue As String ... I need the row where the completed date is empty so that on a summary sheet ... Dim DestSh As Worksheet ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Using a macro to make a list from results
    ... Dim CurrentSheet As Worksheet ... 'add a new Sheet for the filtered list ... change selection to be 1st to last used row efficiency ... 'delete leading blank rows before using Advanced Filter -> Unique ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Feed List of Names into Ron de Bruin Code-Filter
    ... 'Summary Sheet'. ... Mappings' and I wanted to filter for three, Beth, Lee, and Jay...all listed ... Set ws2 = Worksheets.Add ... Dim myrange, copyrange As Range ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Feed List of Names into Ron de Bruin Code-Filter
    ... Dim myrange, copyrange As Range ... This assumes that your data is on a sheet named "Report Data". ... Mappings' and I wanted to filter for three, Beth, Lee, and Jay...all listed ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: Problems with Auto Filter
    ... Treat excel as as database, and execute query. ... Copy all the columns to a single excle sheet. ... usefull if the spreadsheet data are mistyped or mis-spelled. ... choosing just a row and selecting auto filter (so the whole sheet is ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)