Re: perform a regression analysis

I followed the steps below and I do not see Data Analysis cmd. I see Data
Validation and What if Analysis. I need the regression pc of Data Analysis
in Excel 2007.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

If you have linear data and you want just the slope and intercept, use
functions SLOPE and INTERCEPT. For more statistics use LINEST

LINEST can also be used for non-linear fits; see
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm

If you wish to use the static Data Analysis tool, you need to load the
Analysis ToolPak.
Click the Office button (bright star to the left), locate Excel Options at
bottom of dialog, in the left panel click AddIns, at the bottom of next
dialog use Manage Addins, click Go
Now make sure the Analysis ToolPak (first one, not the VBA one) is selected.
When you exit the options and look on the Data tab you will see Data
Analysis in the Analysis group

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Becky1103" <Becky1103@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I need to know how to perform this analysis using Excel 2007.

  • Re: Analysis ToolPak wont display properly in Excel 2007
    ... and it gave me an error that said Excel found unreadable ... FUNCRES.XLAM which has the ribbonx in it that creates the Data Analysis ... file and not get the Data Analysis group on your Data tab. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: WEEKDAY()
    ... Our sheets handle some very complex equations but any data analysis ... and data storage is handled by a couple of database programs. ... Basically we use Excel like a very powerful programmable ... scientific calculator. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.newusers)
  • Re: Basic Statistical Tool
    ... I need a basic statistical tool such as the Data Analysis Add-in in MS ... installation fails. ... For example, in Excel, linear ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Z-test using Excel
    ... I have a Tabulation software which tells me whether there is ... The concerned software terms it as Z-Test for percentages. ... Though I know Excel, am deficient in Stat. ... I see that excel data analysis option ...
    (sci.stat.consult)
  • Re: Data Analysis
    ... SDS - ... In Excel 2007, the item "Data Analysis" should appear in the Analysis ... section of the Data ribbon. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)