Why does "Show Formulas" in Excel 2007 lock column alignment

When I select show formulas in Excel 2007 all the columns imediately shift
their contents to the left and whatever I do I cannot align them centre or
right. It makes no difference if the column contens are text or number etc.
The only way I can control their alignment is to enter an apostrophe in each
cell but then the formulas don't work.

  • Re: What Am I Doing Wrong Re Some Simple Math On A Column ?
    ... Excel still thinks those numbers in column A are text. ... Numbers align right and text aligns left in a cell. ... Using Windows 7 ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.newusers)
  • Re: modifiying Excel Cells from VB
    ... i need to align horizontal text to the top of the cell ... i.e. if the cell is double height, as standard the text is aligned to the ... >>and puts it into an excel spreadsheet, ... >>Now what i want to do is setup wraptext on my column, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Multiple contextual menus!
    ... to access the contextual menus (say to align a cell) in Excel, ... extra set of options - ie Excel is duplicating all the menu options ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)
  • Center Text in Excel
    ... I am creating an Excel 2000 sheet with VB.net 2003 ... I can not find a way to align the text in a Cell. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Make Excel view show active cell in top left with VBA?
    ... I am using a vba macro to go to various ranges on a sheet. ... I would like for Excel to align the top left cell ... of the range to be the top left cell in the view. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)