Re: Amending standard Excel popups

Colin

Excel's standard messages cannot be altered.

For the cell selection you could use event code to color the cell that you
select.

Static OldCell As Range
If Application.CutCopyMode = 0 Then
If Not OldCell Is Nothing Then
OldCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
OldCell.Borders.LineStyle = xlLineStyleNone
End If
Set OldCell = Target
OldCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
OldCell.Borders.LineStyle = xlContinuous
Else
If OldCell Is Nothing Then
Set OldCell = Target
Else
Set OldCell = Union(OldCell, Target)
End If
End If
End Sub

This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste into that module.

If you want for all sheets and all workbooks, best to go with Chip Pearson's
RowLiner add-in.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 10 May 2007 19:17:56 +0100, Colin Hayes <Colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>