Re: If A3=alpha numeric,"X", if A3=text,"Y", Blank

Alpha Numeric = 1 Alphabet (A to Z) and 3 Numerical Digits.

Text = All text, no numbers

"Ron Rosenfeld" <ronrosenfeld@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 01:04:03 -0600, "Gary" <gaurav_ss@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok.....this is what am trying to do.

If A3=alpha numeric,"X", if A3=text,"Y", Blank

any ideas?

Your request is a little vague for me.

What is your definition of alpha numeric?

In other words, is there a particular sequence of letters and numbers, or
is it
any sequence which contains both letters and numbers?

Also, do the letters have to be restricted to the set [A-Z] (capital
letters
only) or are there other possibilities?

What is your definition of TEXT?

In Excel, text can include the set of numbers, depending on how they have
been
entered. It can also include any non-alphabetic character. Your
expectations
may differ.
--ron

  • Re: Cyanobacterias, the littles heros that could.....
    ... selection of letters will form a sentence. ... sequence and protein sequence. ... generation of a homopolymer was however impossible. ... A homopolymer of RNA would be all U or all A or all G ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Grammar States and Tertiary Phonemes
    ... can be 'described' by a sequence of ... decimal base numbering system has 10 letters in its 'alphabet': ... Then, we derive a *grammar*, which is effectively a set of both ...
    (soc.religion.islam)
  • Re: Lennys Counter Argument
    ... "Not beyond very low levels of functional complexity this is by no ... "It is very much like adding letters to growing English-language ... sequence, like I or It, and then add another letter and have it be ... can fairly quickly produce a sequence of over a dozen characters. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Machines and people
    ... >Boolean Algebra lead to letters such as a,b,c,..etc. ... This standard specifies that 8 bits arranged in a certain sequence stand ... for the character 'A'; another sequence stands for the character 'a'. ... The basic answer to your question is that the bits get to be English ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: little problem ;]
    ... substitution. ... I did however notice that most of the letters are the first choice on ... pressing the sequence 34843. ... KTN DGTGM APTPTJ JGPTEP TPJGMD EJXMJ AJPT MDBHJAD DMJATP DJAPT JA ...
    (rec.puzzles)