Creating Inventory Macros

I am using Excel to keep track of monthly inventory and I need to
input stock on daily basis. Column A has a 6 didget stock numbers
approx. 300 items and I have an in & out column for each day of the
month. I need to remain in one column while I find the stock no.
according to the day.

Ex.

#112233 input 2 to day March 7

#112233 being Column A98, March 7 being column Q entered into Q98 in 2
pcs.

Stock no. #2666 A56 entered to Q56. Each time I enter a stock no. the
highlited cell will remain in column Q until request to change day of
month.

Need macro to enter date, another to find stock cell.

Currently using macro below but offset would not be used because
offset continuously changes daily.

Sub Macro1()
Dim ans
Dim cell As Range
ans = InputBox("Enter Stock number")
If ans <> False Then
Set cell = Cells.Find(What:=ans, _
After:=Range("A1"), _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, _
SearchFormat:=False)
If Not cell Is Nothing Then
cell.Offset(0, 4).Select
End If
End If
End Sub

Thanks,
Rube

  • Using Vlookup in vba not working or ending w/ error 400
    ... I have a worksheet (Stock) with stock item numbers in column A and the ... Dim cell As Range ... Dim OrigVal As Integer ... When I had the Stock workbook in the same directory (ie. Stock.xls, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: Excel Formula to add stock
    ... After entering this macro i save the worksheet, reopen and try to enter the ... select View Code - this brings up a VBE window ... For example i want to use one cell only to add stock. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Excel Formula to add stock
    ... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ... which cell it was. ... For example i want to use one cell only to add stock. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Excel Formula to add stock
    ... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ... which cell it was. ... For example i want to use one cell only to add stock. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Creating Inventory Macros
    ... If Not cell Is Nothing Then ... input stock on daily basis. ... Column A has a 6 didget stock numbers ... Currently using macro below but offset would not be used because ...