EXCEL 2007 COMPATIBILITY MODE ISSUE

Hello,

Is there a way to prevent Excel 2007 from opening in compatibility mode for
each workbook you open? I have Office Professional 2007, Windows XP Pro OS.
This is what I have done so far:
I opened Excel and saved the default worksheet Book1 in the xlsx format. The
file was saved in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
This does work if I have one instance of Excel open, but when I open a
second it shows Book1.xlxs is locked for editing and when I close that
warning box it opens with Book1 in compatibility mode.
Before I saved book1 the XLSTART folder was empty with the exception of my
macro personal file.

Advice and help is much appreciated!!

Thank you

  • Re: Check File Open Macro
    ... Dim oXL As Object 'This is needed to open a new instance of Excel. ... 'THIS LINE OF CODE OPENS THE NEW INSTANCE OF EXCEL. ... Internet, To Do Lists, Travel Tickets & Hotel Reservations and THE LIST ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Excel - Not calculating formulas
    ... Once calculation is set to automatic or manual (this mode is set by the first ... workbook you open in that session), then that calculation mode will stay this ... excel is still set in automatic mode. ... It takes the Option from the first file it opens. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Spreadsheet shortcuts not working
    ... We have shortcuts to spreadsheets setup but when we click on them excel comes ... up but the spreadsheet does not load and there are no error messages. ... But when the speadsheet opens it gives errors that it can not find ... Workstation O24 can not open excel spreadsheets using shortcuts. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.setup)
  • Re: Using personal.xls in two windows
    ... If that doesn't work for you, then you could mark the personal.xls file as ReadOnly (using windows Explorer). ... You'll have to remove that readonly mark, make your changes in excel, save the workbook, and then mark it as ReadOnly. ... If I open excel book 1, then c/o New, it opens book 2 but on taskbar only. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Code looping through files
    ... Any chance that Otto has access to that folder and you don't? ... detect and repair and as Chip has suggested I've looked in the References ... Excel or from VBA? ... in a folder, opens each, does things, closes the file and opens the ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)