Re: PDF file size

I have the range set to print just the part of the sheet I want in all three
cases. The pdf file looks the same in all three cases, but the file size is
different. I have tried your code for the ExportAsFixedFormat with the
quality seeting to minimum and get the 900 kb pdf file size. With Acrobat
Distiller in Excel 2003 I get a pdf file size of 300 kb using the same print
range. When you have to e-mail 50 pdf files, 300 kb works better than 900 kb.

Thank you for your reply, I have learned a lot reading your codes.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Mark

See if your used range is not to big
Is the shortcut

Ctrl-end

Select the last cell with data ?

If you send a selection do you have the same problem then ?
I have code examples here to test
http://www.rondebruin.nl/pdf.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mark" <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6C90C644-112F-4BCD-81AE-8752A713E358@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In 2003 I used Acrobat Distiller in marcos and created a pdf file of 300 kb.
When I used the same code in 2007 I ended up with a pdf file size of 14,000
kb. In 2007 I tried ExportAsFixedFormat with minimum quality and get a file
size on the same worksheet of 900 kb. Is there any way to reduce the pdf
file size?

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3946 (20090318) __________

http://www.eset.com

.