Re: subscript out of range

If the code is breaking on the Windows line, then maybe you don't have a window
named: finances_2009.xlsx

If you have multiple windows open, maybe the window captions look like:
finances_2009.xlsx:1
and
finances_2009.xlsx:2
and ...

If the line that's breaking is the Sheets("Spending").select line, then maybe
the window that you're trying to activate has a visible worksheet named
"Spending".

Ben wrote:

Hello,

I have a script I have been running which has suddenly run into a
"Runtime error '9' - subscript out of range" error.

The original code had this:
Selection.Copy
ActiveWindow.ActivateNext
Sheets("Spending").Select

And I changed it a while ago to this:
Selection.Copy
Windows("finances_2009.xlsx").Activate
Sheets("Spending").Select

And eventually to this:
Selection.Copy
Windows("finances_" + Right(Str(Year(Date)), 4) + ".xlsx").Activate
Sheets("Spending").Select

Only the top version now works. And the later 2 do not giving me the
subscript error. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Ben

--

Dave Peterson

  • Re: PING: Gunner
    ... Just got broken into AGAIN today at 4 PM. He/they came in after breaking a ... window 15 feet from the ground outside. ... I have a bunch of stuff on watchlist at ebay but I know Gunner ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Curiosity Question: Whats the most stupid thing youve ever done to a pipe?
    ... oncoming traffic and flung my pipe out the window, breaking the shank ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Rottie breaking window
    ... I have a 2 year old male Rott. ... The first time he broke a window pane it just cracked. ... I am concerned about both the dog injuring himself, and breaking through ...
    (rec.pets.dogs.behavior)
  • Re: Unforced entry into house by ex-partner
    ... So close the window in future. ... to leave the house it might become aggravated tresspass (which is ... It's not breaking and entering if there is no breaking. ...
    (uk.legal)