Re: Copy data from large worksheet into multiple workbooks

Test this one

Change the path here
Set WBNew = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\Ron\Documents\mytemplate.xls")

And the paste cell here
With WBNew.Sheets("paysheet").Range("A3")

Sub Copy_To_Workbooks()
Dim CalcMode As Long
Dim ws1 As Worksheet
Dim ws2 As Worksheet
Dim WBNew As Workbook
Dim rng As Range
Dim cell As Range
Dim Lrow As Long
Dim foldername As String
Dim MyPath As String
Dim FieldNum As Integer
Dim FileExtStr As String
Dim FileFormatNum As Long

'Name of the sheet with your data
Set ws1 = Sheets("Sheet1") '<<< Change

'Determine the Excel version and file extension/format
If Val(Application.Version) < 12 Then
'You use Excel 97-2003
FileExtStr = ".xls": FileFormatNum = -4143
Else
'You use Excel 2007
If ws1.Parent.FileFormat = 56 Then
FileExtStr = ".xls": FileFormatNum = 56
Else
FileExtStr = ".xlsx": FileFormatNum = 51
End If
End If

'Set filter range : A1 is the top left cell of your filter range and
'the header of the first column, D is the last column in the filter range
Set rng = ws1.Range("A1:D" & Rows.Count)

'Set Field number of the filter column
'This example filters on the first field in the range(change the field if needed)
'In this case the range starts in A so Field:=1 is column A, 2 = column B, ......
FieldNum = 1

With Application
CalcMode = .Calculation
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With

' Add worksheet to copy/Paste the unique list
Set ws2 = Worksheets.Add

'Fill in the path\folder where you want the new folder with the files
'you can use also this "C:\Users\Ron\test"
MyPath = Application.DefaultFilePath

'Add a slash at the end if the user forget it
If Right(MyPath, 1) <> "\" Then
MyPath = MyPath & "\"
End If

'Create folder for the new files
foldername = MyPath & Format(Now, "yyyy-mm-dd hh-mm-ss") & "\"
MkDir foldername

With ws2
'first we copy the Unique data from the filter field to ws2
rng.Columns(FieldNum).AdvancedFilter _
Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
CopyToRange:=.Range("A1"), Unique:=True

'loop through the unique list in ws2 and filter/copy to a new workbook
Lrow = .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For Each cell In .Range("A2:A" & Lrow)

Set WBNew = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\Ron\Documents\mytemplate.xls")

'Firstly, remove the AutoFilter
ws1.AutoFilterMode = False

'Filter the range
rng.AutoFilter Field:=FieldNum, Criteria1:="=" & cell.Value

'Copy the visible data and use PasteSpecial to paste to the new worksheet
ws1.AutoFilter.Range.Copy
With WBNew.Sheets("paysheet").Range("A3")
.Parent.Select
' Paste:=8 will copy the columnwidth in Excel 2000 and higher
.PasteSpecial Paste:=8
.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
.PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats
Application.CutCopyMode = False
.Select
End With

'Save the file in the new folder and close it
WBNew.SaveAs foldername & " Value = " _
& cell.Value & FileExtStr, FileFormatNum
WBNew.Close False

'Close AutoFilter
ws1.AutoFilterMode = False

Next cell

'Delete the ws2 sheet
On Error Resume Next
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
On Error GoTo 0

End With

MsgBox "Look in " & foldername & " for the files"

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = True
.Calculation = CalcMode
End With
End Sub

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"richzip" <richzip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E9539631-CDEC-4349-B687-D15FE32350FD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It has a .xls file name, so I'm guessing a normal workbook. It has 2 worksheets: "paysheet" (the one I want to paste the data to) and another one, which is used to help calculate a pivot table that is contained within "paysheet"

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi richzip

Is it a normal workbook the template or a real template workbook (xlt)

--

.