Re: For What kind of computer was Excel created?

lwm -

I beleve Visicalc was the only spreadsheet originally designed for the
mac. If I am in correct please correct me. <

VisiCalc was first released for the Apple II in 1979.

Apple introduced the Macintosh in 1984.

No version of VisiCalc was ever available for the Macintosh.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"lwm" <lwm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I believe that Excel was originally designed for IBM and MSDOS. It was
originally called Multiplan. They needed to change the name in 85 as the
average person could not understand it.

I taught Lotus123, Supercalc, and Multiplan in the early 80's. I beleve
Visicalc was the only spreadsheet originally designed for the mac. If I
am
in correct please correct me.

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
originally it was created for the IBM architechture which became known as
the PC (personal computer). but that was back in 85 (about) and PC's have
change somewhat to accomadate the faster processers and other divices but
think it is still the same basic architechture. excel was developed for
the
mac which has a different architechture.

hope this cleared things up;
regards
FSt1

"ISAAC HAYES" wrote:

For what kind of computer was Excel created?

  • Re: Mac OS X users cannot connect to shared drives on SBS
    ... To connect MAC OSX computers to SBS 2003 network, ... Services for Macintosh on SBS 2003 server to provide file and printer ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Mac Pro Price Trounces Dell
    ... So you're faulting Windows for your companies lax security policies? ... higher ROI for the Macintosh Mac users still choose the PC. ... You all seem to be championing the advantages of the Macintosh but push ... them aside for cost when it comes time to purchase a computer. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Who put the "crap" in "Crapintosh?"
    ... The hate campaign certain Windows users have against Macintosh users ... I will begin with a quote, (and Lord knows how we English students love ... store and waste the whole of your student loan on a brand new Mac. ... Apple has opened a brand new factory recently in California, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Mac Mini?
    ... my last $2,500 for an early Macintosh computer after ... the commercials and magazine ads had all shown ... Mac screens with a lovely soft blue background but ... turned to IBM PC's (ah the irony of it, IBM instead of Apple had ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Macintosh behind ISA cant use VOIP app, but MSN chat works...
    ... Dialpad (also a VOIP application) works on Windows if I ... Think of my Macintosh client as just another IP-connected ... >ISA only supports H.323 VOIP. ... >- I have set up a user in the domain so that the Mac user ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.clients)