Re: For What kind of computer was Excel created?

lwm -

I beleve Visicalc was the only spreadsheet originally designed for the
mac. If I am in correct please correct me. <

VisiCalc was first released for the Apple II in 1979.

Apple introduced the Macintosh in 1984.

No version of VisiCalc was ever available for the Macintosh.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"lwm" <lwm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I believe that Excel was originally designed for IBM and MSDOS. It was
originally called Multiplan. They needed to change the name in 85 as the
average person could not understand it.

I taught Lotus123, Supercalc, and Multiplan in the early 80's. I beleve
Visicalc was the only spreadsheet originally designed for the mac. If I
am
in correct please correct me.

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
originally it was created for the IBM architechture which became known as
the PC (personal computer). but that was back in 85 (about) and PC's have
change somewhat to accomadate the faster processers and other divices but
think it is still the same basic architechture. excel was developed for
the
mac which has a different architechture.

hope this cleared things up;
regards
FSt1

.