Re: SYLK file format ?
- From: "Andrew Kennard" <b@xxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:54:57 +0100
Thanks that very useful !
If I put " in a column it seems to save and read back OK but says it may not
be compatible on save ?
"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
You might find this helpful:
In article <euDsB$MFIHA.4712@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Andrew Kennard" <b@xxxxx> wrote:
I've saved a simple Excel spreadshet in SYLK and opened it in notepad. It
looks quite an 'easy' format
However I can't seem to find the 'specification' document for this file
format anywhere on the web ?
I would like to be able to generate these files from our application so
Excel can open them directly.
Yes I could use XML but want the file to be compatible with Excel 97 up
it be able to open it without addin's/conversion etc
Alternativly is the 'native' xls format published ? ... I suspect it is
quite large !
- Prev by Date: Re: VBA Cell to TextBox
- Next by Date: Re: Find and copy duplicates to new worksheet
- Previous by thread: Re: SYLK file format ?
- Next by thread: RE: Ron de Bruin