Re: User Form Input mask

That control, while usable within Excel, is installed as part of Access. If
the user doesn't have Access, the control won't be available.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"John Bundy" <jmbundy@xxxxxxxxx(remove)> wrote in message
I'm not sure which versions have it but my Excel 03 does, right-click on
your
userform toolbox and select additional controls. Scroll down to Microsoft
Masked Edit Control. Check the box beside it and it will now be in your
toolbox.
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"Gizmo63" wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a way to apply an input mask to a user form textbox (similar to
what is available in Access)?

Essentially I want to control the users input into a date field so that
the
entry is always in dd-mm-yy format.

Cheers

Giz

  • Re: Excel cannot insert ATL ActiveX object with updated library versio
    ... Could be because Excel has cached a stale copy of your TLB. ... Alexander Nickolov ... Microsoft MVP, MCSD ... > The new control works fine with Visual Basic and Internet Explorer. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
  • Re: Userform causes Excel to crash
    ... 1.You may delete the multipage control & recreate new one. ... Shailesh Shah ... If You Can't Excel with Talent, ... Excel does not crash if I include the following code in front of the above ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Need to use VBA to put image on a form
    ... The embedded OLE object with Excel automation sounds workable. ... Earl Kiosterud ... Note: Some folks prefer bottom-posting. ... the OP can place an Image control, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • RE: Usage of serial port in VBA ( exel )
    ... communications control (Microsoft Communications Control, ... Unfortunately Excel makes it almost impossible to do serial ... Software Wedge is an executable program that can pass serial data back ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: decouple UI
    ... So I took the excel stuff out of the form and created an excelReader class ... it's clunky but at some point the form has to know what control it want to ... In a true "decoupled" approach such as found in the MVC pattern, the Form sub-class would expose properties that correspond to specific data, and a controller class would handle setting the properties appropriately based on the Excel data. ... But the most likely cause is that your Label instances are not direct children of the Form instance. ...