Re: VB number formats

you could try this, as long as there is a command button or somewhere to go
after the last textbox entry

Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
Me.TextBox1 = Format(Me.TextBox1.Value, "$#,###,###.00")
End Sub

--

Gary

"timmulla" <timmulla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Can somebody please help me with some VB number formats?

I have a textbox on a form that users manually input a percent. Is there a
way to set the number format to a percent through VB code? Currently, the
user needs to manually add the percent sign to the number they are inputing.
I would like the percent sign to automatically default to the numbers inputed
to the textbox.

I'm also trying to set a number format in another textbox as a currency
(i.e. $###,###.##). I would like the inputed dollar amount in this text box
to automatically default to a currency format of $###,###.##.

Not sure if this can be done through the properties window or not.

any information would be appreciated.

--
Regards,

timmulla