Drag value not format?!

Hello all,

I am working on a spreadsheet task and a case arises when a user
selects a cell(or some cells) then drag the fill handle to copy data or
fill adjacent cells with a series of data. However it causes the
orignal cell/s' formatting will be copied to the destination cell/s
too, i.e. the conditional formatting previous imposed on the
destination block will be overwritten by the origin's. Is there any way
to allow for only value copying but NOT formatting so any existing
conditional formating will be able to survive?

Thanks in advance and have a wicked Easter!
Frank

  • Row number changes in conditional format formula during VB executi
    ... I have a spreadsheet with some cells that have conditional formatting. ... the print preview icon also runs the Workbook_BeforePrint event. ... conditional formatting formula always reference the row of the cell where the ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Conditional Computing
    ... and given how important conditional formatting ... exposed in the object model. ... It would be nice if cells had a ... Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: How can I display a warning if calculations indicate original data
    ... above it, it will return a value of 1, but any duplicates above it will cause ... use Conditional Formatting with the condition being Formula Is ... spreadsheet program will be used by unskilled people. ... conflicting cells if the user entered the data into the cell. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Counting the number of rows based on the color
    ... Dim intCount As Integer, FC As FormatCondition, blnMatch As Boolean ... Using Conditional Formatting, I color the cells in a column based on its ... Red and Yellow cells. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Conditional format disaster in 2007
    ... also filed a bug report to MS later the same day. ... If the place you copy the cells to already has conditional formatting, ... If you repeat the pasting of those ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)