Max value in Pivot Table

Hi all,

I'm trying to find the maximum value of a column in a pivot table so
that each time the user pivots on a field, it will recalculate the max
value for one of the columns that I can then use in other calculated
fields. Since I'll also be pulling down other fields into the pivot
table, I can't use the MAX function for a specified column letter. Is
this even possible to do? Thanks in advance to any and all replies.

  • Halt recalculation
    ... given items causes the pivot table report to recalculate each time something ... How can I turn this off while looping and then make ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: PivotCharts and recalculating workbooks
    ... A pivot table shows items based on the results of formulas. ... So Every time you drag or drop from a pivot table it is going to show you ... calculations that are already in place. ... and 'Recalculate before Save' turned OFF. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: update independent column on pivot table
    ... That isn't something supported by the pivot table. ... Since it is a formula relative only to the row, it should recalculate and ... > I created a pivot table from another workbook (let's call it workbook1). ... > the rest doesn't get refresh. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Pivot table problems. Bad ratio.
    ... When you create a calculated field, the Sum each field is used in the calculation, no matter which function you're using for that field in the pivot table. ... Replies give rise to sales. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: subtotal - multiple criteria
    ... sumproduct will not be the easiest method? ... i still want to see - so with the pivot table this will ... lose this information and just result in totals. ... Again, thanks for your replies ...