Re: Find and Replace several items

the macro recorder is your friend
Sub Macro6()
'
' Macro6 Macro
' Macro recorded 10/31/2005 by Don Guillett
'

'
Columns("H:H").Select
Selection.Replace What:="books", Replacement:="1", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False
End Sub

cleaned up to this
Sub replaceallincolumn()
With Columns("H")
..Replace what:="books", replacement:=1
..Replace what:="papers", replacement:=2
End With
End Sub
--
Don Guillett