Can't stop Excel re-calculating on opening - hmmm...

Hello all - have searched the boards to death but I'm still getting this
issue - help massively appreciated :)

I have a large "calculations" spreadsheet which needs to open some CSV
files. I have the code sorted to do all that, e.g.

then I do this code just to open a file - it's a CSV file which opens
directly:
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"L:\FTP_ROOT\RISK_TST\Reports\rpt_013_liabilities.c sv"

then the code goes on to do some calcs and so on...

There are about 5 sheets to open and then later close.

THE PROBLEM: Excel calculates the WHOLE CALCULATIONS spreadsheet when I
open the CSV file, even though calculation is off. I can only assume
this is part of the way that I've opened the file. :-S

Please help - it takes Soooooo long to recalculate the entire
spreadsheet now and what I do with the rest of the very long macro is
to make it calculate only the sections it needs - ie
range("x").calculate or sheets("y").calculate and so on. This bit works
fine though.

So - how do I make a CSV file open -without- recalculating?

Thanks so much for your help :)

--
gearoi
gearoi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26576

  • Re: Cant stop Excel re-calculating on opening - hmmm...
    ... then I do this code just to open a file - it's a CSV file which opens ... Excel calculates the WHOLE CALCULATIONS spreadsheet when I ... open the CSV file, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • How to prepare imported data for Excel to autosize properly width of the cell?
    ... Excel application opens a spreadsheet but the phone numbers column is ... How to prepare csv file that spreadsheet will display these numbers ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Pass a cell in sheet to macro or command button
    ... Is there a way to pass a cell in a sheet to a macro or command button? ... ultimately creates a csv file to be uploaded to another system. ... users input various information and then the spreadsheet performs ... conditions are met within the calculations. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • CSV File Format Invalid in Excel?
    ... it opened in Excel as a .csv file. ... spreadsheet and resaved it under a new name, ... The original imported file still opens ... I tried changing the edited file extension to .xls and I ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)
  • Spreadsheet shortcuts not working
    ... We have shortcuts to spreadsheets setup but when we click on them excel comes ... up but the spreadsheet does not load and there are no error messages. ... But when the speadsheet opens it gives errors that it can not find ... Workstation O24 can not open excel spreadsheets using shortcuts. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.setup)