RE: Excel and Powerpoint

You can run the PowerPoint presentation through Excel. First open Excel and
>From the Menu bar click Tools, Macro, Visual Basic Editor. From the menu on
the left in Visual Basic double click "This Workbook". Copy and Paste this
Macro into the area:
Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
'
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Presentation 1").Select
Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary
End Sub

Close Visual Basic
From the Menu bar click Insert, and Object. Click Create From File Tab, and
insert your presentation file, then check "display as icon" and click OK. On
the top left there should be a box that says "Object 1". Drag through that
and rename it "Presentation 1". Next, click on Insert again, Pictures, and
Auto Shapes. Create a box. Right click on the box and select Assign Macro.
You should see in the drop down "ThisWorkbook.Macro1". Select it and hit OK.
Now you can put text inside that shape that reads "Run Presentation" or
something.
You may have to split your presentation into two parts Have your macro run
the first part of the presentation, then have it open the Excel file you want
to view, and run the next part of your presentation. It may require you to
save your presentation as two seperate files. Just repeat the code i.e.:

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' To View Slideshow
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Presentation 1").Select
Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary
' To View Excel Document
ChDir "L:\DATACONVERSION\MASTERS"
Workbooks.Open Filename:="your document name here.xls"
' To close Documen After Viewing
msg = "Done"
DialogStyle = vbOKOnly
Title = "Done Viewing"
Response = MsgBox(msg, DialogStyle, Title)
If Response = vbOK Then
ActiveWindow.Close
End If
' To open second part of presentation
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Presentation 2").Select
Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary

End Sub

Ofcourse, you will have to insert the second part of your presentation file
as another object and name it "Presentation 2"

If you need any help, my email is impermanently@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"funkymonkUK" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a Powerpoint presentation which has Excel screenshots which are
> copy and pasted onto this presentation if there is a way of viewing it
> in normal excel or if you can run macros through it.
>

> --
> funkymonkUK
> funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18135
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374501

  • Re: VBA: For Count, when count changes from cell to cell
    ... with Excel 2000. ... reporting Macro being unavailable. ... Sub CalculateI3() ... means that you can refer to it in a cell just like a built-in Excel function. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Sorting macro needed on a protected sheet
    ... they all have Excel 2003, before reposting this thread as a new discussion to ... you will still be prompted to enter a password when running your macro even ... closing the password dialog box performed the sort macro anyway without ... Autofiltering can be restored without having to close & ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Excel 2007 AutoFilter problem
    ... It confirms my belief that something did change from having used the same sheets and macro for a long time in Excel 2002. ... I mention this because there is at least one known bug I have uncovered as a result of having installed that: the "Analysis ToolPak" and "Analysis ToolPak - VBA" Add-Ins switch without warning to German -- though I run Excel in English -- at some point shortly after installing Office and the Language Pack. ... Clarifying, in case it needs such -- I only apply the filter once too, if by that you mean turn on filtering. ... Oddly, I do not always have auto-filter mode turned off when I run my macro, and in fact usually do *not* have it turned off, so I would not have expected that snippet of code I showed to make any difference as to when in the sheet-generation process it shows up. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Exporting Hierarchy to Excel (Jack`s Macro)
    ... Now an empty Excel ... Sub dwn ... How exactly did you copy Jack's code into the VB editor? ... contains Jack's macro? ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • RE: Template WANTED
    ... first a little about the 'why' of macro security settings. ... Close Excel. ... One of the added options in Excel 2007 is to designate 'trusted locations'. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)