Re: MsgBox not displaying right away

Ray,

You can use an API call...
Put this at the top of your module, above all subs and functions:

Public Declare Function MessageBox Lib "user32" _
Alias "MessageBoxA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, _
ByVal lpText As String, _
ByVal lpCaption As String, _
ByVal wType As Long) As Long
'---------------------------------------------

Then call the message box something like this:

Sub DisplayMsgBoxOnTop()
Dim MsgResponse As Long
MsgResponse = MessageBox(hwnd:=0, lpText:="This is a Test", _
lpCaption:=" Test Message", _
wType:=vbOKCancel + vbExclamation)
End Sub
'---------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Ray Kanner" <kanner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I have the following code in my program.
>
> myPDF.FileToPDF PSfilename, PDFfilename, ""
> If Not FileExists(PDFfilename) Then _
> MsgBox PDFfilename & " not created"
>
> It is creating a PDF file from a PS (PostScript) file.
> Everything is working fine with one exception.
> If "PDFfilename" does not exist, and the code should
> print out the message "PDFfilename not created", etc.,
> the screen (kind of - the top blue part of the Excel
> window) blinks, i.e. the message does not pop right up
> (it's as if another program has the focus). I need to
> click the mouse within Excel and then the message pops
> up. What is happening and how do I get around this
> problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ray - kanner@xxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Weird problem when re-painting form while moving it outside of the screen!
    ... Public Declare Function CreateCompatibleBitmap Lib "gdi32" Alias ... "CreateCompatibleBitmap" (ByVal hdc As Integer, ... Public Sub New ... Protected Overloads Overrides Sub Dispose(ByVal disposing As ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing)
  • Re: drawing performance
    ... Private Sub Form_Load ... Private Sub Form_Resize ... Public Declare Function CreateCompatibleDC& Lib "gdi32" ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi.graphics)
  • Re: Close External Application using VBA
    ... In the Sub Test2, we will use the terminateprocess, but as I said before it ... Public Declare Function CloseHandle Lib "kernel32" ... Dim hwnd As Long ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Functional IDE DLL call compiles to non-functional DLL call
    ... > Public Declare Function Initialize Lib ... ByVal hWnd As Long) As Integer ... > Public Sub Az ...
  • Re: Access Violation Exception
    ... Private Sub Form_Load ... 'Raise an unhandled exception ... Public Declare Function ReportFault Lib "Faultrep" (pep As ... > | control from vbAccelerator. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)