Re: communication with MS Project

From: Tom Ogilvy (twogilvy_at_msn.com)
Date: 09/23/04

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:50:00 -0400

If a block of code protected by an IF statement is not executed, the obvious
cause is that the condition specified in the If statement is not passed. I
would begin debugging by figuring out what the value of Check_TP_A is
before you hit the IF statement and make sure it is being defined correctly
and so forth.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy
"Anne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an application in Excel which communicates with MS
> Project. The syntax might be correct (no error message),
> but it is not executed. I cannot imagine why and I find no
> hint in the object catalogue.
> My code:
>
> Dim Projekt As Object
> ' start Project
> Set Projekt = CreateObject("MSProject.Project")
> Projekt.Application.FileOpen newTimeSchedule
>
> '*****this is the part which is not executed
> If Check_TP_A.Value = False Then  'CheckBox
>   Projekt.Application.SelectTaskField Row:=0,
>   Column:="Name"
>   Projekt.Application.SetTaskField Field:="%
>   Abgeschlossen", Value:="100", AllSelectedTasks:=True
> End If
> '*****
> Projekt.Application.FileClose pjSave
> 'Close MSProject
> Projekt.Application.Quit pjDoNotSave
>
> Thanks for every hint!
>
> Anne

Relevant Pages

  • communication with MS Project
    ... I cannot imagine why and I find no ... hint in the object catalogue. ... Dim Projekt As Object ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Structured exception information
    ... hint from the engine ... That's why there are more JavaScript programmers than Ada programmers. ... That is a reasonable approach and will work fine most of the time, but it does not explain the lack of a language feature that is taken for granted in other languages - and coming from another language, I find the lack of structured exception information as a defect, even though I realize that I can easily work around it. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: Beep, then exiting with code 255 (0xff)???
    ... Morten Aune Lyrstad writes: ... > mean - I usually get at least a hint of what is wrong. ... If something in your code throws an exception that you do NOT catch, ... the system just aborts (with no error message). ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Like some others: no to D2005 and back to D7
    ... John Kaster (Borland) wrote: ... > error message. ... It'd be nice if the hint was able to show some context though. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: How do I "Safely Remove Hardware"
    ... I don't know, whether this will solve your issue, but it might be a hint. ... get this error message for my pen drive if a file on that drive is open in ... Whenever I want to access it, I power it up. ... > Most of the time this works, but occasionally Windows XP Pro states: ...