Re: How do I force trailing zeros in an Excel cell?

Tony C wrote:
My accounting people have set up an excel spread sheet. woth part numbers.
Many of them end in a "0". Ex; 2211.11520
and if you click on a cell with a number ending in 0 , the zero goes away on the edit line.
When I copy and past this numeric column into other Excels or import into other applications the Trailing 0 is gone. Any one out there know a way I can convert or format or save this column and it will keep the trailing zeros,
Note: when I convert the column from a number to text the trailing zeros drop off.
Help!
Are the number of digits after the . always the same? If so you could
format the field as number and set the decimal place to 5.

gls858

  • Re: Float in Spreadsheet
    ... On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Victor H. Goff III ... if the format for that cell has no trailing zeros, ... Add a Format: ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Protect Number Format Only
    ... Then, copy it and paste it into Excel, in a cell that ... Yes, you can easily change the formatting back to text, but the damage ... is already done -- what happened to the leading and trailing zeros? ... protect all formatting while allowing cell contents to be edited. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Sorta Newbie question
    ... function format(sText, sPad) ... format = Right(sPad & sText, ... If you want trailing zeros, ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: How do I force trailing zeros in an Excel cell?
    ... Gives these cells a Text format - the values are not numbers just a string ... remove caps from email ... when I convert the column from a number to text the trailing zeros ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.newusers)
  • Re: locale.format without trailing zeros
    ... I need to print the numbers in the following format: ... So the last trailing zeros are not printed. ... (the local zero is also not printed) ... Najwieksza baza najtanszych ofert mieszkaniowych ...
    (comp.lang.python)