Re: How do I force trailing zeros in an Excel cell?

Tony C wrote:
My accounting people have set up an excel spread sheet. woth part numbers.
Many of them end in a "0". Ex; 2211.11520
and if you click on a cell with a number ending in 0 , the zero goes away on the edit line.
When I copy and past this numeric column into other Excels or import into other applications the Trailing 0 is gone. Any one out there know a way I can convert or format or save this column and it will keep the trailing zeros,
Note: when I convert the column from a number to text the trailing zeros drop off.
Help!
Are the number of digits after the . always the same? If so you could
format the field as number and set the decimal place to 5.

gls858

  • Re: Float in Spreadsheet
    ... On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Victor H. Goff III ... if the format for that cell has no trailing zeros, ... Add a Format: ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Protect Number Format Only
    ... Then, copy it and paste it into Excel, in a cell that ... Yes, you can easily change the formatting back to text, but the damage ... is already done -- what happened to the leading and trailing zeros? ... protect all formatting while allowing cell contents to be edited. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Sorta Newbie question
    ... function format(sText, sPad) ... format = Right(sPad & sText, ... If you want trailing zeros, ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: How do I force trailing zeros in an Excel cell?
    ... Gives these cells a Text format - the values are not numbers just a string ... remove caps from email ... when I convert the column from a number to text the trailing zeros ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.newusers)
  • Re: Formula/formatting to omit trailing zeros
    ... to save having an extra cell and formula. ... formatting which doesn't change the value but just shows it ... To give 100 decimal places (without trailing zeros), ... in a worksheet of calculated values, ...