Re: mouse selecting everything without clicking

From: David McRitchie (dmcritchie_at_msn.com)
Date: 09/08/04

Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 04:55:11 -0400

Hi Jason and George,
Would you try this first.
    Assign the wheel button to Enter, see if the problem goes away.
    Settings, Control Panel, Mouse, ...

If that works post back, don't leave us guessing.

The problem is usually fixed by updating the drivers, the right driver may not
be manufacturer's own driver (just to add some interest). Take a
look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
for other things to try.

---
HTH,
"George Gee" <george.nomaps@ntlworld.xom> wrote in message news:eLR6W4dkEHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> jason
>
> This often happens to me!
> Seems to be a fault with the scroll wheel,
> clicking the midde button a couple of times
> always cures it.
>
> George gee
>

> *jason* has posted this message:
>
> > i came across a weird problem that i've seen before but
> > forget how to fix. When i open up excel and i single click
> > on a single cell, i then move the mouse and the mouse
> > starts to select everything. as if i was holding the left
> > click button but i am not.
> > any ideas?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Why does my mouse unpredictably start scrolling horizontally?
    ... Microsoft MVP - Excel ... > Check if there is a newer version of the mouse driver and if so install it I ... >> a worksheet and scrolling up and down with my mouse wheel, ... This is only a temporary "fix" and is extremely ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Scrolling with mouse wheel crashes
    ... Or maybe a different mouse driver? ... Does anyone else have Excel crash when they try to scroll with the mouse wheel? ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: which PC
    ... snow or mud, it does NOT help you steer or brake nor does it ... Some ersatz SUVs aren't really off-road ... understeers (which encourages more wheel input). ... to which the hapless driver tries ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Smokers risk prosecution for sparking up when driving
    ... you've got one hand on the wheel, then you put the cig in your mouth whilst ... or using a mobile phone or by smoking." ... The idea being to try and see where is legislation simply controlling ... instrumentation so that no driver need ever be momentarily confused ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Why doesnt the style of the text show up on the Ribbon?
    ... On the advanced settings of the driver ... Assume wheel is present, Input Buffer length 100 packets, and Fast ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... zoom control on the status bar in Word b) also relying upon ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)