Excel slow to close

Since about 5/4/2010, Excel 2007 has started taking from 20 to 45 seconds to
quit after I select exit. I read about cleaning out temp files for slow
opening so tried that but no help there. No updates were applied, it just
started to slow down and affects files that have not been changed - even just
starting Excel and then quitting with no file open. Watching task manager I
can see excel working and using 5 - 10 % of the CPU after slecting exit.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks
--
Karl

  • Re: VBA code halts after opening a file
    ... Putting the code into single workbook with a loop to open and process ... my code halts after opening the first file. ... > The computer a new Compaq running Excel XP SP2 with all available Office updates applied ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Word2000 on XP, problem sasving word documents
    ... sad to inform you that the updates and the deleting of *.tmp files does not ... i have tried deleting all the tmp files occured after the ... > then you could be encountering an issue with temp files since a temp ... > encountering several crashes you should delete your temp files anyway. ...
  • Re: Trojan questions
    ... thanks..I use nortons and I do windows updates on a regular basis... ... It's possible to get infected by opening a webpage. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Add field to the table in the backend
    ... I see no reason that would prevent you from simply opening up the back end, ... often adding new updates, bug fixes, new reports, and on the ocation, also ... For example often people build a form using the wizard, and a query. ... of course if you're in a different location, or don't have physical access ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Update All Fields on Document Open
    ... showing incorrect page numbers upon opening. ... macro that updates all fields after opening the document ... updates all fields the document shows correct page numbers ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)