RE: Pull text from cell with if statement

Pull and do what??
An array answer is
=IF(LEFT(A2:A5,3)="BEG",A2:A5,)
Entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Doug" wrote:

For example if a set of cells read BEG70
DEG60
BEG80
and I want to write an if statement that will pull all the cells where the
text starts with BEG ( I want to pull BEG70 and BEG80) how do I do that?

  • Re: Import from finance.yahoo.com
    ... containing tables of stock statistics, it runs down the page and pulls the ... You could do the same thing using the 'find' command and I guess not have to ... Using the find command might also allow you to pull in the whole page (using ... an array and then looping through the array. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: drive failure during rebuild causes page fault
    ... Pull a drive and rebuild onto hot spare. ... but not page fault when it's not / ... what's the story with the new array appearing when you ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Cant reverse array of Integers ?
    ... as I'm running out of hair to pull out :-( ... The PixLine will typically contain a single value of 255 at a random ... glaringly obvious to a knowledgable delphi wizard:P The array is ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: [PHP] A no brainer...
    ... serialization is trivial for scalar data. ... you're talking about a large array. ... Pull all the records in one query at first request and keep the ... Now, to find an actual lookup, use a binary search with mysql_seek ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Cant reverse array of Integers ?
    ... My apologies if I'm being dumb, but please, any pointers would be most ... as I'm running out of hair to pull out :-( ... glaringly obvious to a knowledgable delphi wizard:P The array is ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)