Average If Statement (Excel 2003)

I am trying to find the formula for averaging cells in column B if the data
in Ais (a specific criteria). I've tried some formulas in the threads
related to average, but nothing seems to work.

Example:
If A1:A110 equals 01
Then Average B1:B110 (cells related to the criteria in A1:A110)

When using formulas, should cells have a specific format? Because there is
text involved, I set the cell format to general. Do you suggest differently?
Also, I'm working with data that I exported from a Microsoft Access 2007
database (SQL) but I'm using Excel 2003. Will this cause a problem?

  • RE: Average If Statement (Excel 2003)
    ... in Ais. ... Then Average B1:B110 (cells related to the criteria in A1:A110) ... I set the cell format to general. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Average If Statement (Excel 2003)
    ... in Ais. ... Then Average B1:B110 (cells related to the criteria in A1:A110) ... I set the cell format to general. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Query using database criterion
    ... The idea is when a user enters blank under any numeric field critreial, he should be presented ALL the records; sureprisingly this works only for text data. ... you said you find the way to count blank cells and also find solution by using two rows for formulas and including them Qry_Criterion range. ... But I am using multiple field criteria to filter the data based on user input under many field headings. ... Some of the field creitera require the formulas to prefixed and/or suffixed wild cards the user input. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Inputting criteria into a macro/vb code
    ... "Dave Peterson" wrote: ... I didn't know the name of the sheet that held the info (or what cells), ... criteria and operator for each of the 3 autofilters will change or be empty, ... Sub TEST() ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Inputting criteria into a macro/vb code
    ... If .FilterMode Then ... "Dave Peterson" wrote: ... I didn't know the name of the sheet that held the info (or what cells), ... criteria and operator for each of the 3 autofilters will change or be empty, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)