Re: How can I pop up a picture when a cell is clicked on Excel?

Insert a Hyperlink, or Object as link

Hamlet wrote:
I am working on a schematic of an engineering drawing and I would like to be able to have a picture of the piece of machinery pop up when I click a cell that referrences it on the schematic from a picture library on the Excel book I am in.

Can this be done? If so, how?

  • Re: Vertical and horizonatal rulers
    ... Actually drawing directly to the Form (or directly into a Picture Box) ... entire game grid into a single large PictureBox ... and therefore which "cell" he is in. ... Scrolling the "larger than the Form" picture Box within the "fully ...
  • Re: Photos in cells?
    ... Click that cell and select one of the items. ... 5)WITH THE PICTURE SELECTED, ... Microsoft MVP (Excel) ... What i dun understand is how do I build the data validation list on a cell ...
  • Re: Photos in cells?
    ... What i dun understand is how do I build the data validation list on a cell ... in Sheet1 and pick one of the items. ... For more information about Data Validation and Dynamic Range names, ... Otherwise the picture remains unchanged! ...
  • Re: Pls Help - not sure what is causing problem
    ... I don't know how those picture objects got on there and I don't know why your solution works but that's the ticket. ... F11 to bring up the VBE and then Ctrl-G to enter the immediate window ... discover that I am unable to get the autofill/copy pointer ... As I click on the bottom right corner of the cell, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: GUI question (slightly complicated - maybe only for the experts in here)
    ... because of its RAD functionality. ... In that way you can make the Picture Box occupy part of your Form leaving other parts of your Form free for placing various command buttons and controls and things for the user to interact with. ... There are lots of different ways of doing that but just about the simplest method would be to use a VB PictureBox for each cell and 240 smaller PictureBoxes, ... There are other ways of doing this job, many of which are a bit more efficient, but the best of those methods would require you to write VB code to access the various Windows GDI functions natively, which I assume you will want to avoid since it appears that you are very new to VB6. ...