Re: Regular expression search/replace in Excel

On Jul 29, 11:50 pm, Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenf...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:50:46 -0700 (PDT), Paul <Paul.Domas...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom,

Thanks for the code snippet.  I wasn't clear in my OP, but I was
seeking a non-VBA method of search-and-replace with regular
expressions.  But from the lack of responses in that vein, I'm
assuming that there isn't such a solution.

Microsoft Excel does not support regular expressions.

VBA supports the Javascript flavor.

Longre has written a free add-in:  morefunc.xll which as regular expression
functions which support the PCRE flavor.  Apparently because it is an .xll, it
will not work with strings > 255 characters, though.  You can find it here:http://xcell05.free.fr/english/index.html

Thank you, Ron. Unfortunately, I have to use functionality within
Excel.

  • Re: Regular expression search/replace in Excel
    ... Microsoft Excel does not support regular expressions. ... VBA supports the Javascript flavor. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Regualar Expression Theory
    ... Alan Turing 1950 ... > Model of Computation and Formal Languages, Oxford University Press, ... Are these references related to regular expressions? ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Regular expressions for replacements in Excel?
    ... The Word wildcards seem to be much more limited than real regular ... expressions, so I had already eliminated that option. ... or not it ended in the slash that I intended to require. ... since I think that one of the later transformations is ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Regular expressions for replacements in Excel?
    ... The Word wildcards seem to be much more limited than real regular ... expressions, so I had already eliminated that option. ... or not it ended in the slash that I intended to require. ... since I think that one of the later transformations is ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners)
  • Re: preg_match() oddities and question
    ... Or are you saying that there is no way to use regular ... expressions to catch the examples I gave? ... If your task is small enough and clean ... The incoming data, however, is almost always going to ...
    (comp.lang.php)