Re: Regular expression search/replace in Excel

On Jul 29, 11:50 pm, Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenf...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:50:46 -0700 (PDT), Paul <Paul.Domas...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom,

Thanks for the code snippet.  I wasn't clear in my OP, but I was
seeking a non-VBA method of search-and-replace with regular
expressions.  But from the lack of responses in that vein, I'm
assuming that there isn't such a solution.

Microsoft Excel does not support regular expressions.

VBA supports the Javascript flavor.

Longre has written a free add-in:  morefunc.xll which as regular expression
functions which support the PCRE flavor.  Apparently because it is an .xll, it
will not work with strings > 255 characters, though.  You can find it here:http://xcell05.free.fr/english/index.html

Thank you, Ron. Unfortunately, I have to use functionality within
Excel.
.