Re: How to type X bar in Excel

You can use the technique described here to add a bar:

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqFun.html#bar

Henrique wrote:
How can I type the character x bar (for the statistical mean) into an excel spreadsheet? I can do it in a word document, but not in an excel sheet.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

  • Re: Calculation involving mail merge field
    ... >Where 100 is the daily rate will give you the result for x ... >> from an Excel spreadsheet. ... >> I know how to put a calculation in the Word document, ... >> multiplying two cells in a table. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Trouble with pasting, linking, and formatting Excel sheets in WORD
    ... format it that way at the source. ... > copying and pasting into a WORD document. ... > Once the spreadsheet appears, I then use the "Format Object" command to ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Where are files stored?
    ... if you inserted an Excel ... Spreadsheet by using the Insert menu, selected Object, and then Create ... on my C drive called "Data Files". ... When I create a Word document, I save it under the Word subdirectory ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Calculation involving mail merge field
    ... from an Excel spreadsheet. ... I know how to put a calculation in the Word document, ... calculation which uses a Merge Field as one of the inputs? ... multiplied by DailyRate1 and y multiplied by DailyRate2. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Inner window frozen
    ... Somehow I have lost this ability and the spreadsheet is now fixed. ... use to be a blue title bar that I could use to move the spreadsheet around. ... Click on the lower of the two double boxes to restore the workbook window. ... This question is not clear, however, assuming you have a sheet protection ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)