Re: How to type X bar in Excel

You can use the technique described here to add a bar:

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqFun.html#bar

Henrique wrote:
How can I type the character x bar (for the statistical mean) into an excel spreadsheet? I can do it in a word document, but not in an excel sheet.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

  • Re: Calculation involving mail merge field
    ... >Where 100 is the daily rate will give you the result for x ... >> from an Excel spreadsheet. ... >> I know how to put a calculation in the Word document, ... >> multiplying two cells in a table. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Trouble with pasting, linking, and formatting Excel sheets in WORD
    ... format it that way at the source. ... > copying and pasting into a WORD document. ... > Once the spreadsheet appears, I then use the "Format Object" command to ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Where are files stored?
    ... if you inserted an Excel ... Spreadsheet by using the Insert menu, selected Object, and then Create ... on my C drive called "Data Files". ... When I create a Word document, I save it under the Word subdirectory ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Calculation involving mail merge field
    ... from an Excel spreadsheet. ... I know how to put a calculation in the Word document, ... calculation which uses a Merge Field as one of the inputs? ... multiplied by DailyRate1 and y multiplied by DailyRate2. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Link Lanscaped Excel spreadsheet w 14 columns into a word document
    ... you may need to narrow the column widths in Excel. ... > I have a word document where I am trying to Link a landscape Excel ... > spreadsheet does show up but not all of it. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)