Re: Split text into multiple columns using a common delimiter

buffgirl71, have a look at Data, text to columns, post back if you need help
with it

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"buffgirl71" <buffgirl71@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
My data in col A is as follows:

1*15
101268*6
101352*16
101513*11
10406*2
10406*37
10411*13
10411*7

I want to add two columns with the data preceding the * going into Col
B and the data following the * going into Col C. I can't use RIGHT or
LEFT because the data is not the same length. If someone knows a way to
do this, I'd certainly appreciate knowing how. Thanks in advance.

  • Re: Print only certain rows
    ... you don't have to select the cells you can use this ... Paul B ... Always backup your data before trying something new ... Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.printing)
  • Re: Print only certain rows
    ... Paul B ... Always backup your data before trying something new ... Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ... How about a macro to cut the filters on, filter your data, print the ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.printing)
  • Re: [DEB-USER] Re: Incremental CDR backups
    ... On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:52, Paul M Foster wrote: ... you need to give a unique file name for each backup. ... >> Then the iso for the first burn ... I've updated the bravo file and added an echo file. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Printing highlighted cells
    ... Paul B ... Always backup your data before trying something new ... Using Excel 2002 & 2003 ... high-light colour appears on the screen just how I want it to appear on ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: File Save Sequencing: Foo1.xls, Foo2.xls...
    ... Paul B ... Feedback on answers is always appreciated! ... > after a few days, the typical Job# gets closed, while some may stay ... > backup, 'paper-trail' and saving to network server, etc... ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)