Re: why Excel2000 don't allow to write

xl2002 was the first version of excel that allowed this range by range
protection. If you open the workbook in an earlier version, then this feature
doesn't exist.

ldiaz wrote:

hi all.

I have an 2003 excel sheet where I have protected to allow users to edit
ranges,
it works fine in all computer where are running excel 2003, but in computers
where are running excel2000, it does not allow to write even if the field is
available to write then
appear the message that say:
The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore
read-only.

but message don't appear in Excel 2003

I have asked MIS to upgrade to office 2003, but if you know another option
to correct this issue, I will appreciate so much.

Thanks
LD--
Lorenzo Díaz
Cad Technician

--

Dave Peterson

  • Re: what does this error message mean
    ... these cells as though they had data in them. ... Open the sheet in Excel, ... If protection was set, ... The next possibility is that the worksheet or workbook is protected. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: what does this error message mean
    ... these cells as though they had data in them. ... Open the sheet in Excel, ... If protection was set, ... The next possibility is that the worksheet or workbook is protected. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Deleting rows with locked cells
    ... I'm trying to find a way to overcome a "feature" I've dicovered with Excel ... If protection is enabled, with the "delete row" checkbox active, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Method of column of object IImexgrid failed
    ... >these cells as though they had data in them. ... Here's how to re-set the UsedRange, based on a post in another group by ... Excel MVP Ron de Bruin: ... >This error may be due to protection set in the Worksheet, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: Access Error Messages
    ... these cells as though they had data in them. ... You can see how big your usedrange is on every sheet with CTRL-END. ... Open the sheet in Excel, ... If protection was set, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)