Re: How do I keep an excel file from saving to "COPY OF" file name

I guess these files are the same name each day or similar and attached to an
outlook email.

This is because it tries to save a cached copy in an Outlook folder and the
only way to do this is to make a name unique by adding copy of. If you can
find the Outlook store and delete the original it should be fine

Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England

"Sandy" <Sandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I receive excel spreadsheets via e-mail. When I open the spreadsheets to
them, the file name automatically shows "copy of" then the file name. Is
there a way the "copy of" can be removed so only the file name appears? I
manually remove the "copy of", but this takes time and sometimes I forget
then can't find the file because it's listed under Copy Of.

Relevant Pages