Re: more than 255 character in one cell

Format the cell as General and type your text. xl2k will allow almost 32k
characters in the cell. If you can't see all you typed, then try adding
alt-enters every 80-100 characters.

javahar_s wrote:

I want to know how accommodate more than 255 character in one cell in XL2000
For
accommodate
type
copy
paste
and print it

--

Dave Peterson

  • Re: Parsing Characters - Bug ???
    ... This has to do with an analyzer that colour codes individual characters ... reopening make no manual cell entries before running the macro. ... Dim char As String ... I have a complex macro that parses characters in the active cell and makes ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Wrap Text problem
    ... merged as a single cell, it in fact WILL display over the 256 characters I ... The actual limits are (from "Excel Specifications and Limits" ...
  • Re: Joining Tables
    ... I have my hidden characters showing and I have my Tools - Options ... When I put my cursor at the end of the row and move one space, ... The border between the tables shows as twice as wide as a single cell ... example), but they are behaving as two separate tables, rather than ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • RE: cell character limit
    ... the characters above the display limit to show & printed whatever the ... the whole content of the cell with the additional characters, ... "Luke M" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Only Copy Subtotals
    ... Trim results in deleting everything except the last six characters. ... is where I need to remove the last six characters from each used cell. ... Once I have my subtotals copied to my totals sheet and clean the columns... ... i wrote a sub to copy the sub totals but it keys on my data. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)