'copy&paste' web tabular data into excel

Hi All,

I have data that should always be treated as text.
From a web page I 'copy&paste' bunch of rows. Some of the cells
have data that looks like this '23:59' or 24:01' basically mm:ss
format. I'm only interested in this as text. What happens '23:59' is
displayed as is in the excel cell but on the other paste brings it in
as '24:01:00' instead of '24:01'.

I tried pre-defining that column as text but the 'paste' overrides it
and brings it in as some date/time field.

How to overcome this?

Thanks so much.

--
GottaRun
GottaRun's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31297

  • Re: dd/mm converted to mm/dd
    ... It would seem it does not matter if you leave in text format as it does ... I thought I might be able to overcome the problem by ... apndas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36137 ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Date programming question.
    ... Firstly, any date/time field is stored within Access as a number, where the ... The Format merely affects how the date is displayed, ... if the text box in the Form Header is bound to a date/time field ... the form, you might use unbound boxes (Control Source property is blank, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Size limits on IWMWriter::WriteSample ?
    ... building a profile from the stream information from the codec that mostly ... I'm using the "20kbps, 22Khz, Mono CBR" codec format. ... that is missing the end of the sample data. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk)
  • Re: Cant read PapaJohns PRX file
    ... I expected to see a big difference between the MM2 default profile which has ... reading I thought the DV-AVI format was going to knock my socks off. ... fact that they look similar in Media Player 10 because it displays in the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Is it possible to Change String Delimiter without using an int
    ... If the format of your date/time field is always as shown, ... Dim avarSplit As Variant ... >>> Hi Andi, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)