Problem Opening Files

When an attempt to open an Exel file by double clicking on the file icon in
Windows Explorer the Exel window opens (without any workbook present) and the
following error message is displayed:

"Cannot find the file 'C:\***.XLS (or one of its components) Make sure the
path (... etc)"

The file can be opened by using the open command within Exel.

This problem first appeared while running MS Office under Windows 98 but has
persisted since upgrading to Windows 2000 Professional. I have tried Windows
update and repairing the program automatically from 'ADD / REMOVE PROGRAMS'

Running

MS Office XP Professional Version 10.0.6626.0

Exel 2002 version 10.0.6501.0

Windows 2000 Professional Version 5.0 (Build 2194 Service Pack 4)

  • Re: Using personal.xls in two windows
    ... If that doesn't work for you, then you could mark the personal.xls file as ReadOnly (using windows Explorer). ... You'll have to remove that readonly mark, make your changes in excel, save the workbook, and then mark it as ReadOnly. ... If I open excel book 1, then c/o New, it opens book 2 but on taskbar only. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Window>Arrange>Tiled - all xls in directory
    ... Then you do not have be concerned with other open windows. ... "Desert Piranha" ... So only one workbook is open at a time, ... This doesn't work because if another workbook opens then there are ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Excel startup switches
    ... Then do File|open to see your workbook. ... > blank, the workbooks are not open, no error messages, just Excel, with no ... I know I can tile the windows in Excel but they are too ... > before it finally opens the workbook. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • Re: Slow performance
    ... once the program opens up. ... memory is too low. ... Windows Live Once Care, and I usually notice improvement after I run the ... A visit to Event Viewer. ...