Re: How can I copy values from one cell in a column down to the next c

You are mixing columns and rows I believe.

Column A would be A1, A2, A3 etc.

Row 1 would be A1, B1, C1 etc.

Select the column or row.

Hit F5>Special>Blanks.

With these selected, enter an = sign in active cell then point to cell above
or to left and hit CRTL + ENTER.

Copy the column or row and in place Edit>Paste Special>Values>OK>Esc.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:27:01 -0700, GSingh <GSingh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>How can I copy values from one cell in a column down to the next cell IF the
>2nd cell is blank, For example:
>
>A1 = 20
>B1 =
>
>I want the value of A1 to be copied to B1 if B1 is blank/contains a value of
>Null, I have about 11,000 records like this, where: If the next cell in the
>column is blank, then I need to copy the previous cells data into that cell.

  • RE: Replacing Input Box in Macro with Info Picked Up from Active Cell?
    ... To just get the name from the active cell on the active sheet, ... UserInput$ = InputBox$ ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Find Last cell copy UP
    ... it in the first available cell in the second column to the left. ... "Ron de Bruin" wrote: ... On Error GoTo 0 ... active cell and copy it (sometimes this is one cell and other times it is ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Find Last cell copy UP
    ... You say that the columns are empty between the data columns so I past in the first cell ... On Error GoTo 0 ... The second column to the left will also have> data in it, so I will need to go to the end of the data range in the new> column and paste what was previously copied in the first available cell. ... I want to find the very last active column and the the very last>>> active cell and copy it (sometimes this is one cell and other times it is ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: Data Validation - Dependent Lists & Conditional Formatting
    ... "Ron Coderre" wrote: ... Dim intCellCount As Integer ... 'Count the DV cells to the right of the Active Cell ...
  • Re: Find Last cell copy UP
    ... You say that the columns are empty between the data columns so I past in the first cell ... On Error GoTo 0 ... I want to find the very last active column and the the very last> active cell and copy it. ... After copying the data range, I want to then paste whatever I copied> in the first open cell in the column to the left. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)