Re: how do I change cell background color only when cursor is over it

If your aim is to stop them from overwriting your text why not simply
lock & protect the cells?

--
y_not
y_not's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19947

  • Re: Protect/Lock Specific Cells
    ... If you don't lock a cell, it does NOT become locked EVEN ... IF YOU protect the sheet. ... > I don't want to protect the whole sheet, only certain cells. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: I want to protect beyond the page break
    ... when you try to Lock the cells that you can't lock. ... show up on "sheet one" I need to be able to lock cells on the second page. ... What are you doing to "protect" a range or sheet? ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Creating "Locked" forms
    ... After you lock the cells you want locked and unlocked the cells you want ... made to protect your intellectual content--but it is made to stop the average ... worksheet is protected. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Can you set certain cells as read only?
    ... to lock the cells and then protect the workbook. ... locked, so when you protect the sheet, none of the cells can be changed. ... That will make all cells editable even when the workbook is protected. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Protecting and Hiding formulas
    ... You can lock the cells and hide the formulas: ... I don't think that there's a good way to protect your hidden costs within excel, ... the worksheet protection is easily broken and your formulas will be ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.newusers)