Re: Why doesn't MROUND work?

MROUND is an Analysis Toolpak function,
Tools>Add-ins, check Analysis Toolpak (and Analysis Toolpak-VBA)

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

<joeu2004@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> MROUND does not seem work at all in Excel 2003
> (11.6355.6360) SP1. I am using MS Win XP Pro SP2.
> When I put =MROUND(...) into a cell, I get a #NAME?
> error.
> The irony is: MROUND worked for me in previous
> Excel revisions, even though it was not in the
> catalog of commands. Now it appears in the catalog
> of commands, but it does not work. Go figure!
> Can anyone explain why MROUND does not work -- or
> how to get it to work?
> Is there an alternative function that performs the
> same computation, namely: round to a multiple of
> a specified number?
> Yes, I can compute this myself, namely: MROUND(N,M)
> = M*ROUND(N/M,0). But MROUND is more convenient.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Adding numbers to dates
    ... WORKDAY is an Analysis ToolPak function. ... Excel and Word Function Lists ...
  • Re: Round to the Neares 100
    ... Note that the MROUND function requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in (which ... Rick (MVP - Excel) ... Microsoft Excel MVP ...
  • Re: IF & MROUND
    ... make sure analysis toolpak is installed, mround is not a native excel ... function although it comes with excel, ...
  • Re: Workday
    ... Have you tried the WORKDAY Analysis ToolPak function? ... Analysis ToolPak must be installed and selected as an Addin. ... Norman Harker MVP (Excel) ...
    ... MROUND requires the analysis toolpak. ... Re-Enter the formula ... Working in excel 2003 if that makes a ...