Re: Why doesn't MROUND work?

MROUND is an Analysis Toolpak function,
Tools>Add-ins, check Analysis Toolpak (and Analysis Toolpak-VBA)

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

<joeu2004@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> MROUND does not seem work at all in Excel 2003
> (11.6355.6360) SP1. I am using MS Win XP Pro SP2.
> When I put =MROUND(...) into a cell, I get a #NAME?
> error.
>
> The irony is: MROUND worked for me in previous
> Excel revisions, even though it was not in the
> catalog of commands. Now it appears in the catalog
> of commands, but it does not work. Go figure!
>
> Can anyone explain why MROUND does not work -- or
> how to get it to work?
>
> Is there an alternative function that performs the
> same computation, namely: round to a multiple of
> a specified number?
>
> Yes, I can compute this myself, namely: MROUND(N,M)
> = M*ROUND(N/M,0). But MROUND is more convenient.

  • Re: Adding numbers to dates
    ... WORKDAY is an Analysis ToolPak function. ... Excel and Word Function Lists ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Round to the Neares 100
    ... Note that the MROUND function requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in (which ... Rick (MVP - Excel) ... Microsoft Excel MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: IF & MROUND
    ... make sure analysis toolpak is installed, mround is not a native excel ... function although it comes with excel, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Workday
    ... Have you tried the WORKDAY Analysis ToolPak function? ... Analysis ToolPak must be installed and selected as an Addin. ... Norman Harker MVP (Excel) ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • RE: MROUND
    ... MROUND requires the analysis toolpak. ... Re-Enter the formula ... Working in excel 2003 if that makes a ...