Re: auto filter arrow won't go away

Maybe this'll help...

Select your cells with the arrows -- just the header row is enough.

Then Insert|name|Define
in the names in workbook box, type this:

'Sheet1'!_FilterDatabase

(change sheet1 to match your worksheet name.)

This is a hidden name that excel needs to use. If you delete it, you can have
problems with autofilter.

--

Dave Peterson

  • Creating a workbook(s) based upon a cells value <--HELP please
    ... I have a simple spreadsheet and would like to automate my current ... cells based with the same values, 2) name the "new" workbook the cell ... the header row and all of the columns. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: Text boxes move on protected worksheet
    ... "Jwh" wrote: ... I have a workbook with several worksheets in it. ... the worksheet with arrows pointing to certain numbers of the worksheet. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Delete Null/Blank Rows
    ... regarding the autofilter approach - if you delete the data using the delete ... cells and delete rows, it also selects everything in between deleting the ... You should see some drop down arrows in your ... This sheet is built with an IF statement: ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Displaying drop down list arrows
    ... I'm having a workbook in which I used "Data Validation List" in all the ... Unfortunately in one sheet, drop down list arrows are not displaying ... Please help me to sort out this problem. ...
  • Re: Norman Re: Up Arrows / Down Arrows
    ... Format relevant column C cells with the Windings3 font (to show an up or ... Apply conditional formatting to the relevant column c cells to ... color down arrows green and up arrows red. ...