stdole32.tlb is missing or damaged

From: RedSox (redsox_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/04/04

Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 07:39:23 -0800

I helped a friend install his copy of Office XP Professional last week and
everything installed fine. His computer is for home use and he has several
children accounts and one adminstration account. All of the Office products
work fine except Excel. Excel works fine on the admin account but he
receives the following error message when he launches Excel on any of the
other accounts:

"One of your object libraries (stdole32.tlb) is missing or damaged. Please
run setup to install it."

If you select ok then it appears to run and work fine but each time you run
Excel on any of the non-admin accounts you get this error message.

Any advise on how to help him fix this would be appreciated and any insight
as to how this happened would also be appreciated. Before I left this
friends house after the initial install I checked to see if it worked on all
accounts and it did so he or someone changed something to cause this. Of
course he says that he didn't do anything.

I've already run the repair option and it didn't fix the problem and I
deinstalled Office and re-installed it and this didn't fix it either.

thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: stdole32.tlb is missing or damaged
    ... | children accounts and one adminstration account. ... Excel works fine on the admin account but he ... | run setup to install it." ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Excel files suddenly unreadable
    ... and two excel files. ... Everything seemed fine until I installed Sage ... computer with a clean install of windows and the same thing happens. ... Even when uninstalling Sage accounts, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: This worked for me.
    ... you must install a program ... I made sure add the folder name in TRUST LOCATION in both Excel and Word. ... Office Ultimate 2007 with SP1 installed ... Can you provide a link to a document showing the behavior (a zip with both the document and worksheet could be helpful). ...
  • Re: Experience with 2003 & 2007 on same computer?
    ... each version of Excel uses its own set of registry keys. ... To find the correct path, open XL 2003, open VBA, CTRL G to ... Even if you install just Excel, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Experience with 2003 & 2007 on same computer?
    ... each version of Excel uses its own set of registry keys. ... To find the correct path, open XL 2003, open VBA, CTRL G to ... 2007 if I install only Excel 2007? ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)