Re: How to get rid of #VALUE! ?

From: Rusty_nl (Rusty_nl.12jg7k_at_excelforum-nospam.com)
Date: 03/03/04

Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 04:44:10 -0600

Including an ISERROR in your calculation should do the trick

=IF(ISERROR(C2*D2);0;C2*D2)

Where the 0 can be "" or something else as well

Phoenix wrote:
> *Hi!
>
> I got the price in C2:C100 and Pieces in D2:D100. The Formula in
> E:E100 is C2*D2, C3*D3 etc. But in som of the cells in C2:C100 i have
> to add some text instead of numbers. This, off course, gives the
> formula in column E "#VALUE!"
>
> How can i get rid of "#VALUE!" here, and instead have "0" or just "-"
> in the formulas in column E *

---

  • Re: How Percentages change
    ... you need to first calculate the a priori likelihood of each sequence of cards played by both opponents up to the decision point. ... You also know that he is going to discard *something* on the next trick. ... Now if your calculation method was correct then exactly the same calculation would hold for whatever club he discarded. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: Days open in a SharePoint list
    ... That trick doesn't work dynamically (doesn't update the calculation the next day) so I don't think this will help. ... Bart X. Tubalinal ... "DJ Lordee" wrote in message ...
  • Re: Record Number x of Y
    ... > I want to return two values, the current number of records matching a find ... but does have one trick to it. ... In pre-7 version of FileMaker the position of the current record in the ... This means you can have one Calculation field that combines them: ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)
  • Re: OT Adventures at Frys
    ... However the complete order should be delivered thoe;) ... Here at the Phoenix Fry's it's where the Burger King rejects go. ... The trick to Fry's is to do all your homework on your own and don't ... many years ago, If this is a service economy, why is it so hard to get ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: UK649 Wed. Dec. 16 practice draw
    ... illusion that they are moving...stupid trick of time. ... of coure you cant calculate accurately.the calculation only works when ...
    (rec.gambling.lottery)