RE: 2d-Column (Clustered Column) chart with Standard Deviation Bars

Hi,

Select the series, choose Format, Selected Data Series, Y Error Bars tab,
pick Both under display and Standard deviations under error amount.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Gary T" wrote:

I have a 2-D clustered column chart that shows the mean value of 4 different
samples using chunky blue coloured bars.

What I would also like to do is, on the same graph, show the standard
deviation of each sample on the relevant blue bar, such that a vertical line
is inserted in the middle of each of the blue bars that shows 1 standard
deviation up the way and one standard deviation down the way (i.e. so that it
looks like 2 letter "T"'s, symmetrically above and below each other).

I've not explained that very well but I hope someone knows roughly what I'm
trying to do - its really a typical statistical chart that shows both mean
and standard deviation on the same graph.

I can post an image if this site allows and if it would be useful.

Regards

  • Re: Plotting means and standard deviations I already have
    ... Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... Tutorials and Custom Solutions ... I understand how to get the error bars in ... corresponding standard deviation column to the plus and minus fields. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: Plotting means and standard deviations I already have
    ... Tutorials and Custom Solutions ... figure how to get my "questions" as the vertical axis. ... I understand how to get the error bars in ... corresponding standard deviation column to the plus and minus fields. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: Plotting means and standard deviations I already have
    ... figure how to get my "questions" as the vertical axis. ... I understand how to get the error bars in ... Plot the mean values on an x-y chart, then right click the data series on ... corresponding standard deviation column to the plus and minus fields. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • 2d-Column (Clustered Column) chart with Standard Deviation Bars
    ... I have a 2-D clustered column chart that shows the mean value of 4 different ... samples using chunky blue coloured bars. ... What I would also like to do is, on the same graph, show the standard ... deviation up the way and one standard deviation down the way (i.e. so that it ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)