Re: Allow show/hide option for Excel graph series

Margaret -

You could use checkboxes linked to each series to make it easy to show or
hide certain ones:

- Jon
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -

"Margaret from Michigan" <Margaret from Michigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message news:B23488AD-C6CB-412A-B684-2BEAA7D4A8C3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To plot a graph with multiple series in Excel, I need to "Add" each series
the Source Data window. When I get to several series (5+), it gets
to organize the graph. I would like to select specific series to show and
deselect specific series to hide, all at my choosing. This would make it
very easy to show comparisons between Series A and B, followed by a
comparison in Series B and C, etc. Meanwhile, I could have a few series
permanently shown on the graph as reference data.
As it is now, in order to make the comparisons, I have to create several
different graphs or I have to add and remove series within the same graph.
Adding a series requires selecting the data columns from the spreadsheet;
the spreadsheet is large, this can be a big pain to do over and over
Both methods are a hassle and not efficient for the user. Please add
click-able hide/show options.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Automatic swap of x - and y - axis
    ... "Jon Peltier" wrote: ... of the chart, and a description of the problem, someone may be able to ... Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... by the time the graph is ...
  • Re: Two sheets
    ... Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... What I am trying to do next is preserve the the graph and lose the data ... Is it possble to do some thing similar to Copy/Paste Special/Values for a ... see a way to label the Percentages. ...
  • Re: Vertical Lines on the Lines on 2 Axes Chart
    ... The XY series can go onto the same axes as the Line chart. ... Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... axis' used up. ... line graph. ...
  • Re: more than 255 lines in chart
    ... I can't graph this as a single series ... Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... That's a lot of series for a chart. ...
  • Re: Macros for adjusting graphs every day
    ... by dragging cells around until you have the arrangement you need. ... Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... I am using a copy/paste from MS project to produce 3 graph lines from the ... which adjust themselves according to todays date? ...