Re: Allow show/hide option for Excel graph series

Margaret -

You could use checkboxes linked to each series to make it easy to show or
hide certain ones:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Margaret from Michigan" <Margaret from Michigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message news:B23488AD-C6CB-412A-B684-2BEAA7D4A8C3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To plot a graph with multiple series in Excel, I need to "Add" each series
in
the Source Data window. When I get to several series (5+), it gets
difficult
to organize the graph. I would like to select specific series to show and
deselect specific series to hide, all at my choosing. This would make it
very easy to show comparisons between Series A and B, followed by a
comparison in Series B and C, etc. Meanwhile, I could have a few series
permanently shown on the graph as reference data.
As it is now, in order to make the comparisons, I have to create several
different graphs or I have to add and remove series within the same graph.
Adding a series requires selecting the data columns from the spreadsheet;
if
the spreadsheet is large, this can be a big pain to do over and over
again.
Both methods are a hassle and not efficient for the user. Please add
click-able hide/show options.

  • Re: Automatic swap of x - and y - axis
    ... "Jon Peltier" wrote: ... of the chart, and a description of the problem, someone may be able to ... Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... by the time the graph is ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: Two sheets
    ... Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... What I am trying to do next is preserve the the graph and lose the data ... Is it possble to do some thing similar to Copy/Paste Special/Values for a ... see a way to label the Percentages. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: Vertical Lines on the Lines on 2 Axes Chart
    ... The XY series can go onto the same axes as the Line chart. ... Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... axis' used up. ... line graph. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: more than 255 lines in chart
    ... I can't graph this as a single series ... Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... That's a lot of series for a chart. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: Chart Help
    ... Each row corresponds to a column position. ... Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... Your graph is close to what I'm looking for but every column in your graph ... is a stacked bar graph. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)