Re: why does sorting change a scatter plot graph?

AndrewT420 -

Usually, for an XY (Scatter) chart, with values of X in a column and
corresponding values of Y in an adjacent column, for three or more points,
Excel assumes (correctly) "Series in Columns."

But, when you have only two X,Y pairs, Excel assumes (usually incorrectly
for most users) "Series in Rows."

You can check this by selecting the chart (or some object of the chart) and
choosing Chart | Source Data | Data Range.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"AndrewT420" <AndrewT420@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Why does the way a spread sheet is sorted change the look of a scatter
plot
graph??? the graph is just a plot of two points, (X, Y) and these two
points
are definded by two collumns for a given row. The two collumns don't
change,
and the row all stays together, so why does it change where points are
plotted out on the graph when you re-sort it?

  • Re: x-y plots
    ... I already have Excel set up to plot my data. ... I mean, I can tell you how to do it in Excel, but MS ... > Graph via Access doesn't seem to allow that option directly; ... Create form, insert chart object ...
  • Re: Triangulation chart
    ...  The idea is to take the data below and plot it into ... Is this a standard chart used in some analysis and usually drawn by ... I'm assuming that A, B and C go clockwise from Aand the various ... I've coded this into Excel and drawn the graph. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: Triangulation chart
    ...  The idea is to take the data below and plot it into ... Is this a standard chart used in some analysis and usually drawn by ... I'm assuming that A, B and C go clockwise from Aand the various ... I've coded this into Excel and drawn the graph. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: x-y plots
    ... I'm getting a plot now. ... > on the Wizard to throw a chart on my Form quickly. ... Access and MS Graph require at least 1 field to be numeric. ... >>>pointless requirement to sum or otherwise aggregate chart data at ...
  • Re: charting data
    ... I made a line graph to plot the time for 10 seconds and got ... > When the above lines are executed,the chart shrinks,and though the data ... Did you Set Uniform-Axis to False? ...