Re: graphing two variables on one chart

Your question sounded more fundamental to me than getting a secondary Y axis, more like getting another series into the chart. Here goes:

If the chart exists with one series, go to Source Data on the Chart Menu, Series tab, click Add, then select the data for the second series. Or copy the Y Value range in the sheet, select the chart, and paste. Or use drag and drop.

If you haven't made the chart yet, select the range that includes both series of data, then run the chart wizard.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

James wrote:

In Excel can I plot two lines with different Y-axis values?

  • Re: Excel 2007 Text Box
    ... This isn't just the textbox, ... Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... Peltier Technical Services ... VBA can't seem to access the bottom region of the chart. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Overlay charts
    ... Start with the XY Scatter chart of the new data. ... >>workbook with the comparison data. ... >>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... >>Peltier Technical Services ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: changing proportion of chart and data table
    ... built in data tables have only limited flexibility. ... > was what I had to do so that I could manipulate it separately from the chart. ... >>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... >>Peltier Technical Services ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: Adding to texts togther in a data value in a chart
    ... format the cell in the appropriate currency format. ... Tutorials and Custom Solutions ... Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -http://PeltierTech.com ... there a way to embed a text box or label into the chart that will sum ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Conditional Chartting
    ... From the Chart menu, ... select Source Data, click on the Series tab, click on Add, then select the values ... >>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ... >>Peltier Technical Services ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)