Re: xlCategory Scale

From: Jon Peltier (jonxlmvpNO_at_SPAMpeltiertech.com)
Date: 03/16/04

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:57:12 -0500

You can set these properties in an XY Scatter chart, which has a value
type category axis.

In a category type category axis, the number of categories comes from
the .Points.Count property of a series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

incjourn < wrote:
> I am using the following code to get a ratio of the scale of the y-axis
> on the chart.
>
> vHeight = .InsideHeight
> yMn = ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).MinimumScale
> yMx = ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).MaximumScale
> yRatio = vHeight / (yMx - yMn)
>
> I want to do the same for the xlcategory axis but the .Maximum scale
> property is not supported, neither is there a GetSeries method.
>
> Is there anyway I can get the max and min value of the xlcategories
> and/or the number of values in the xlcategory?
>

> ---

  • Re: force graph to axis of choice
    ... The nature of the Categoryaxis for a scatter chart and for a column ... It is hard to make logical sense out of ... > when i open the format data series for any of the xy scatter plots, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • RE: Line chart or scatter chart??
    ... there can be two x axis in a scatter chart. ... > I have many sets of data for which the x-values run up from approx 60 to 100, ... Using a scatter graph uses numerical x-values rather than ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: Scatter Chart Axis as text in C# Web appl
    ... somehow the X axis doesn't display the current dates in the variable x and so the points position is wrong... ... But these are not the dates that Excel knows. ... I have no clue about using a Scatter Chart with a date format axis... ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • Re: Problem: Charting dates (X) against time values (Y)
    ... Problem is that I need a caption above the ... > numerical) and not as text, put a caption in the cell above the time ... You could make a Line or XY Scatter chart, ... > have the dates along the bottom axis and time up the left side axis. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)
  • RE: Line chart or scatter chart??
    ... I think you will need to set up an artificial x axis ... in a helper column for each data set ... > data against the same scale, but the scale has to be from 60 up to 100 then ... Don't know how to do that in a scatter chart, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)