RE: Get url for pdf file from AxSHDocVw.AxWebBrowser

I not sure, but maybe when the webdisplay.document.all(0).outerhtml doesn't
work, it is the pdf file. So, how to I copy the object (which I think is the
pdf file) to a local folder?

"LN Mike" wrote:

Some of the "web pages" actually just let the acrobat reader take over the
entire browser control. I put a break point on my brower control
"DocumentComplete" event, so I'm able to see each and every page that comes
through. However with the web sites that I can't get a src tag, I can't open
the document at all, it seems DocumentComplete sends me a pdf file not a html
file, so I can't see outerhtml.

WebDisplay.Document.All(0).outerhtml gives me the following error message

Run-time exception thrown : System.MissingMemberException - Public member
'All' on type 'IAcroAXDocShim' not found.

But with the web sites that do work, I'm able to see the html code that has
the src tag.

""Jie Wang [MSFT]"" wrote:

Hello Mike,

When you say "some web sites don't provide the web page with a src tag", do
you mean those "web pages" actually just let the Acrobat reader take over
the entire browser control (the PDF document was fully filled into the
control)? Or those web pages uses other means to embed a PDF file as a
portion of the entire HTML page?

Could you give me a specific sample of the problem you met so I can better
understand the situation and see if we can come out a solution to it?

Thanks,

Jie Wang (jiewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, remove 'online.')

Microsoft Online Community Support

msdnmg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Engineer within 2 business days is acceptable. Please note that each follow

  • RE: Get url for pdf file from AxSHDocVw.AxWebBrowser
    ... If I manually navigate to that URL in a IE browser, I get the login screen, ... To clarify, the web sites that work, DocumentComplete captures ... I can think of two ways of sending a PDF file to the client side ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • RE: Get url for pdf file from AxSHDocVw.AxWebBrowser
    ... I can think of two ways of sending a PDF file to the client side ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... nature are best handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • RE: Get url for pdf file from AxSHDocVw.AxWebBrowser
    ... If the browser control navigates directly to a PDF file, ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... You can send feedback directly to my manager at: ... nature are best handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • RE: Get url for pdf file from AxSHDocVw.AxWebBrowser
    ... check the cookie/session on the server side before sending the file. ... And since Adobe said there is no way to get the PDF file from the PDF ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... nature are best handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Streaming PDF to browser
    ... you expose those PDF file stream through an intermediate service. ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...