RE: vb2005 - how to create setup/deploy -- no wizard -- VS2005 Pro?

mysteriously, the setup wizard finally showed up in the right pane of the New
Projects dialog box. It was not there before...hmmm.

"Rich" wrote:

Hello,

I have Visual Studio 2005 Professional. I have been deploying VB2005 apps
using "Click Once" which works great and will add .Net 2.0 framework where
needed and adds all prerequisite files, the Report viewer for printing, com
references, ... Everything works great! on our intranet.

But now I need to add an app to a machine (XP pro) that is not on our
intranet. So I need to create a setup/deploy project. My VS2005 does not
have a wizard when I select Setup/Deploy project :(. I don't normally use
wizards, but the searches I have done for this all suggest "use the wizard".
Is there an explanation somewhere how to create a setup project and include
all the required files/references/icons... manually for VB2005 projects?

Thanks,
Rich

  • Re: vb2005 - how to create setup/deploy -- no wizard -- VS2005 Pro?
    ... If they don't have intranet access, you will want to turn off the updates feature. ... I have been deploying VB2005 apps ... So I need to create a setup/deploy project. ... wizards, but the searches I have done for this all suggest "use the wizard". ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • vb2005 - how to create setup/deploy -- no wizard -- VS2005 Pro?
    ... I have been deploying VB2005 apps ... on our intranet. ... So I need to create a setup/deploy project. ... wizards, but the searches I have done for this all suggest "use the wizard". ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: why reset router/modem allowed active ftp to work?
    ... Setup Wizard to reset the Netgear DG834G v5 modem/router. ... and when this is via a router the router has to be reconfigured using UPnP ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: SBS 2003 - Sharepoint Re-installation
    ... In Add/Remove Programs, you want to start with the Windows Small Business ... which will launch the SBS integrated setup wizard. ... SharePoint Central Administration sites have been removed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: configuring outlook 2002